Ingredients & Directions
- 1/2 of a 17.3 ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 0.333 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream(optional)
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into an 18x9-inch rectangle. Cut into 18 (3-inch) squares. Press into 18 (2 1/2-inch) muffin-pan cups.
Beat the egg, brown sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the apples and walnuts. Spoon the apple mixture into the muffin-pan cups.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove the pastries from the pans and let cool completely on wire racks. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar and serve with the ice cream, if desired.