Ingredients & Directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large green pepper, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 carton (18.3 ounces) Swanson® Turkey Gravy
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 6 ounces (1/2 of a 12-ounce package) smoked andouille sausage, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, potato, pepper and Cajun seasoning and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomatoes, gravy, turkey and sausage.
Spoon the turkey mixture into an 8x8x2-inch baking dish. Unfold the pastry sheet and place it over the turkey mixture. Cut several slits in the top of the pastry.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
Alternate Preparation: For a lattice-topped pot pie, prepare the turkey mixture as directed above, spoon into an 8x8x2-inch baking dish and bake at 400°F. for 30 minutes or until hot. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured work surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 9 (1-inch strips). Weave the pastry strips into a lattice. Place the pastry lattice onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with a mixture of 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Place the pastry lattice on the hot turkey mixture.