Ingredients & Directions
- 1.5 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup teriyaki basting and glazing sauce or teriyaki sauce
- 4 slices sweet onion (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 4 slices fresh pineapple (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 4 Pepperidge Farm® Farmhouse™ Stone Ground Wheat Buns, toasted
- 4 leafs green leaf lettuce
Season the chicken as desired. Shape the chicken into 4 (4-to 5-inch diameter) burgers. Reserve half the teriyaki sauce to top the cooked burgers.
Spray a grill pan with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Cook the pineapple for 2 minutes per side or until hot. Remove the pineapple from the pan. Cook the onion for 2 minutes per side or until hot. Remove the onion from the pan.
Add the burgers to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes per side or until cooked through, brushing with the remaining teriyaki sauce.
To assemble the burgers, layer each as follows: bottom bun half, 1 leaf lettuce, burger, 1 slice onion, 1 slice pineapple, 1 tablespoon reserved teriyaki sauce and top bun half. Serve with additional teriyaki sauce, if desired.