Ingredients & Directions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.5 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Certified Organic Chicken Broth
- Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Cornbread Stuffing
- 1/4 pound chorizo sausage, diced
- 4.5 ounces chopped green chiles, drained (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Heat the butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Add the broth, stuffing, sausage, chiles and cilantro to the saucepan and mix lightly. Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole. Cover the casserole.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.