Ingredients & Directions
- 1 package (11.25 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Garlic Texas Toast, thawed
- 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 egg
- 1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cups Prego® Garden Harvest Chunky Tomato, Onion & Garlic Italian Sauce
Heat the oven to 375°F. Cut each toast in half.
Divide the cheese slices among 8 toast halves. Top with the remaining toast halves.
Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs into separate shallow bowls. Beat the eggs with a fork.
Coat the sandwiches with the flour. Dip the sandwiches into the eggs. Coat the sandwiches with the bread crumbs.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwiches in batches and cook until they're well browned on both sides. Place the sandwiches onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Heat the sauce in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until it's hot and bubbling. Serve the sandwiches with the sauce for dipping.