Ingredients & Directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch saltand ground black pepper
- 1 pound thin-sliced skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 seeded green pepperor red bell pepper
- 1/2 peeled sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese(about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantroleaves
Heat the oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Stir the oil, lime juice, chile pepper, cumin, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and grill for 8 minutes or until cooked through, turning the chicken over once halfway through the grilling time. Remove the chicken from the grill pan and coarsely chop.
Grill the pepper half and the onion half for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, turning over once halfway through the grilling time. Remove the pepper and onion from the grill pan and coarsely chop.
Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Cut the pastry into 3 rectangles along the fold lines. Cut each rectangle in half crosswise, making 6. Place the pastry rectangles onto a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
Divide the chicken among the pastry rectangles. Top with the pepper and onion. Sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Cut the pastries in half diagonally and sprinkle with the cilantro before serving.