Ingredients & Directions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 Honeycrisp honey crisp apple, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 0.333 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Stir the apple, cheese, cranberries, pecans and sugar in a medium bowl. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut into 4 (5-inch) circles. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
Spoon about 1/4 cup apple mixture in the center of each pastry. Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg mixture. Fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges to seal. Crimp the edges with a fork. Cut 3 slits in the top of each filled pastry. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.