Ingredients & Directions
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed according to package directions
- 1.5 pounds boneless beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (18.6 ounces) Campbell's® Minestrone Soup
- 1/2 cup Swanson® Beef Broth or Swanson® Beef Stock
Heat the oven to 425°F. Sprinkle the work surface with half the flour. Unfold the pastry sheet on the floured surface. Cut the pastry into 4 (4-inch) circles with a cutter. Place the pastry circles onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the pastry circles are golden brown.
Season the beef as desired. Coat the beef with the remaining flour.
Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the beef in 2 batches and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
Stir the soup and broth in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes or until the beef is cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
Divide the stew among 4 serving bowls. Top each with 1 pastry circle.
Recipe Note: The puff pastry circles and the stew can be stored separately for up to 2 days. Refrigerate the stew in a tightly sealed container. Place the pastry circles in a resealable plastic bag and store at room temperature. To reheat the stew, stir the stew and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.