Ingredients & Directions
- 2 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces (1 package) light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 12 ounces (about 2 fillets) salmon fillet
Heat the oven to 375°F. Beat 1 egg and the water in a small bowl with a fork.
Separate the remaining egg. Discard the egg white. Place the egg yolk into a small bowl. Stir in the cream cheese, chives, parsley and lemon zest. Season with the black pepper.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. With the short side facing you, spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom third of the pastry to within 1 inch of the edges. Top with the salmon. Brush the edges with the egg mixture. Starting at the short side closest to you, roll up like a jelly roll. Place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Tuck the ends under to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Cut several slits in the pastry top.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let the strudel cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Salmon Asparagus Strudel: Top the salmon with about 8 tender-crisp cooked asparagus spears. Roll up as directed above.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with sautéed thin (haricot vert) green beans. For dessert serve Napoleon pastries.