Ingredients & Directions
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1.75 cups Swanson® Beef Broth or Swanson® Beef Stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepperflakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steakor beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into very thin strips
- 4 cups broccoliflorets
- 2 green onion, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 4 squares. Using a sharp knife, cut diagonal lines from the corners of the pastry squares to within 3/4 inch of the center. Fold every other corner to the center and press to seal. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
Stir the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and red pepper in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and stir-fry until it's well browned. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the broccoli and onions and stir-fry until they're tender-crisp.
Stir the cornstarch mixture in the skillet. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Return the beef to the skillet. Cook until the beef is cooked through. Serve the beef mixture over the pastries.
Ingredient Note: To make slicing easier, freeze the beef for 1 hour before slicing.