Ingredients & Directions
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Using a 3-inch round biscuit cutter, cut the pastry sheet into 9 (3-inch) circles. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Split each pastry into 2 layers.
Beat the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the preserves, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice. Reduce the speed to low. Beat in the sugar, 1 cup at a time, until just blended.
Divide the strawberry mixture among the bottom pastry layers. Top with the top pastry layers. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar. Garnish with additional lemon zest, if desired