Ingredients & Directions
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound ground beef, pork and veal (meatloaf mix)
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 0.333 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 cup milk
Heat the oven to 375°F. Beat 1 egg and the water in a small bowl with a fork.
Thoroughly mix the meatloaf mix, bread crumbs, onion, remaining egg, nutmeg and black pepper in a large bowl. Shape the meat mixture into 24 (1-inch) meatballs.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 5 minutes, turning the meatballs over once halfway through the cooking time. Drain the meatballs on paper towels.
Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut the pastry sheet into 12 (about 3 x 2 1/2-inch) rectangles. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet. Press the pastries into 24 (1 3/4-inch) mini muffin-pan cups. Brush the pastry cups with the egg mixture. Place 1 meatball into each tartlet shell.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the pans and let cool on wire racks for 5 minutes.
Heat the soup and milk in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally. Spoon the soup mixture over the pastries before serving.